Angus (FPIA, CPP, CILTA) has 35 years experience in the public and private sector, and has managed planning departments in local government. He has a sound knowledge of planning theory and practice, having taught planning for 15 years at the University of New England. He also was Director of the Centre for Local Government for 2 years. Angus has a long track record as a Town Planner, and has undertaken projects across a diverse range of town planning subdisciplines. His core competencies are:
- Community development, liaison and facilitation
- Project coordination and management
- Public liaison and presentations
- Rapid production of work and the ability to multi-task
- Teaching, training and educational package development
- Wide general knowledge and the ability to apply learning from one area to new areas; systems thinking
- Wide knowledge and experience of local government and planning systems including NSW and other jurisdictions including sound understanding of legal principles and frameworks
He has specialist knowledge in the following primary areas:
- Planning for natural hazards
- Community development
- Industrial land development
- Rural and resource management planning and development
- Local Government
- Transport planning
- Retail planning and policy
- Performance based approaches to development control
Angus works in the business full-time as well as his role as Director of the company.
Dr Wolfenden is a systems expert and experienced planner. He provides very strong expertise in:
- Water management issues
- Strategic planning
- Statutory planning
John has considerable experience in working with councils, particularly in NSW, and also provides CAD drafting and business and business systems support.
Feli provides bookkeeping services to the business.
Wakefield Planning has access to a large range of related professionals who are engaged on an as-needed basis depending on the specific project. Available professions/skills utilised on a regular basis include: ecologists, spatial analysis and GIS, heritage and archeology, engineering and surveying. Through strong professional networks we can also access and deliver many other professional skills for projects as required.